Lisa Poole / For the Globe
Nate Lubick of St. Mark's School has been named the 2009-10 Massachusetts Gatorade boys basketball player of the year.
It's Lubick's second go-round taking a Gatorade bath, after being named the 2008-09 player of the year in the state by Gatorade last year. The 6-9 senior led the Lions to a 23-8 mark in the NEPSAC, averaging 21.7 points, 10.3 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 2.7 blocks per game, according to a release by Gatorade.
“I think it’s a pretty big honor," Lubick said. "Last year, it was something, but now having it in back to back years is an even bigger accomplishment. It brings you into the ballpark of not just a great player but a great person. I’m a good student, and these things show how multidimensional a person I am.”
Lubick was also a 2010 McDonald's All-American and has signed a national letter of intent to play for Georgetown next winter.
Globe correspondent Brendan Hall contributed to this report.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.