We're going to be taking in four games today at TD Garden as the North and South section semifinals for boys and girls Division 1 basketball will start at 2:30 p.m.
Here's the schedule:
Division 1 South girls — Mansfield Hornets vs. Durfee Hilltoppers
Division 1 North girls — Central Catholic Raiders vs. Andover Golden Warriors
Division 1 South boys — Madison Park Cardinals vs. Mansfield Hornets
Division 1 North boys — Central Catholic Raiders vs. St. John's Prep
This is all leading up to the EMass finals and state semifinals at the Garden on Monday and Tuesday between the North and South winners for Divisions 1, 2 and 3. The winners of those games will play the Central and West winners in the state championship March 13 at the DCU Center in Worcester. You can find information on the state finals, including brackets, here and here.
So today is just a preview of champions to come. Stay right here to be in the know on the best teams in Eastern Mass. You can get live updates here at the High Schools blog or follow along via Twitter at @GlobeSchools.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.