Aided by two Cougar penalties, Hingham dominated the first half of the second period in puck possession and shots, but Austin Prep managed to score twice more and put Hingham in a big hole.
The Cougars third goal of the game came from Bryan Wright with helpers for Lou Caraglia and Ryan Quinn.
Their fourth was a beautiful breakaway goal from Caraglia, we'll have more updates when this game goes final, and stay tuned for Springfield Cathedral v Xaverian on tap at 2:30.
End of first period: Austin Prep 2, Hingham 0
Austin Prep is desperate for a win and they are playing like it, totally dominating the first period, out shooting Hingham 10-4.
The Cougars first goal came from Ryan Quinn, with assists from Ryley Maceachern and Cam Gaudet. The second came from a Bryan Wright one timer from Scott Corcoran.
LOWELL -- We are ready to go for the final day of round robin play from Tsongas Arena. Up first we have Hingham, currently undefeated in the tournament against a 1-1 Austin Prep who likely needs a win to advance to the crossover round.
You can follow along the game here as I'll be updating between periods with goals and video, or follow along via Twitter at @GlobeSchools.
For more information on the Super 8 tournament, visit Boston.com/Super8.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.