Barry Chin / Globe file
Kelly Naegelin struck out 215 batters in 119 innings pitched last year as a junior pitcher on the Cohasset softball team, and returns this year hoping to help the Skippers repeat as Division 3 South champs. We caught up and asked her a couple of questions about how she fares off the diamond.
Who is your favorite professional team?
Naegelin: "Boston Red Sox."
Who's your favorite athlete?
Naegelin: "Cat Osterman, the pitcher from the USA softball team."
What's the most played song on your iPod?
Naegelin: "Probably anything by RED."
You're going to be trapped on a deserted island, and all you can take with you is a DVD player and three DVDs. What movies do you take?
Naegelin: "Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz 2, and probably Lord of the Rings, Fellowship of the Ring."
If you won $50 million in the lottery, what's the first thing you'd buy?
Naegelin: "I'd get a car, probably a hybrid. I just like the way they look."
Read more on Naegelin this Sunday in Globe South.
— Jake Seiner, Globe Correspondent
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.