The Aleppo Shriners, Massachusetts High School Football Coaches Association and Gillette stadium announced today that the Shriners All-Star football game will be held at Gillette Stadium for the first time this year.
The all-star game, which culls the top talent from the state every year, will be played at 7 p.m. Friday June 18 at the home of the New England Patriots.
"The annual Shriners All-Star Game is a special event and tradition that we are proud to bring to Gillette Stadium," said Robert Kraft, Chairman and CEO of The Kraft Group, in a press release. “We hope the venue makes it a memorable experience for the all stars, their families and the volunteers involved in this wonderful event, and we look forward to helping raise funds for a very deserving charity in the Shriners Hospitals for Children."
There are 100 all-stars chosen for the game from 75 different high schools in the state. The game serves as a fundraiser for Shriners Hospitals.
A number of Globe All-Scholastics are among the participants. Here are the rosters:
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.