Posted by Jake Seiner April 22, 2010 01:10 PM
In the first half of Thursday morning's Plymouth South-Silver Lake girls' lacrosse game, Laker freshman Emma Cazeault collided with an opponent and was carted off the field on a stretcher and into an ambulance.
However, SL coach Mike Massman said Cazeault appeared to be "OK," saying the hospital trip was mostly precautionary. Massman was told Cazeault was being taken to Jordan Hospital.
"She took a fall and banged her head, but I think she'll be alright," Massman said. "She had a collision and banged her head pretty good on the ground."
The game continued after Cazeault was taken off the field, and the teams played to a 7-7 tie.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get our headlines in social mediaTweets by @GlobeSchools