The first At Bat For Buddy Scholarship softball game between Concord-Carlisle and St. Mary's will be held at the Bowser Complex in Lynn. (Breed Jr. high field) on Monday at 6:30 p.m.
The game and scholarship are in memory of Ed "Buddy" Henry, Bishop Fenwick's longtime softball coach who died last month after a long battle with cancer. There will be a senior presentation and unveiling of a sign prior to the start. A $5 donation will be accepted at the gate. Any other donations can be given to the coaches upon conclusion of the game and checks can be made payable to At Bat for Buddy c/o McGloin and Associates 152 Lynnway, Unit 1F Lynn, MA 01902.
Beginning in 2011 the At Bat for Buddy Scholarship Foundation will award scholarships to high school softball players towards furthering their education.
For more on Henry, click here.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.