Madison Park steamrolled Boston International, 24-0, and South Boston upended Brighton, 9-5, in Saturday's City League semifinals at Boston English.
Each Madison Park starter had at least three hits and starting pitcher Shawn Bradley threw a complete-game one-hitter that was cut short after six innings.
South Boston had more of a hill to climb, falling behind 3-0 in the first inning before quickly answering with five runs in the second frame. Southie's outburst was started by Joshua Neely's home run to the bleachers in left field.
Madison Park and South Boston will face off at noon Monday at Boston English to determine the league champion.
In the City League softball semifinals, East Boston beat West Roxbury 19-4 and Latin Academy beat O'Bryant 10-2 to advance to the City Championship Monday. The two teams will play at noon at Cobe Field (Back Bay Fens).
The home team will be determined by a coin toss prior to the game.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @ZuriBerry for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Alex Hall | @AlexKHall | Baseball
- Colleen Casey | @ColleenCasey226 | Softball
- Mike Giesta | Boys lacrosse
- Catherine Calsolaro | @catrenee13 | Girls lacrosse
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Boys volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Waiting for Twitter...