A raw night still produces some great football. Here's a look at the top games across EMass.
Brockton 43, Taunton 6 - Ralph Cherry's 30-yard interception return in the first quarter got the Boxers off to a fast start and Brockton went to win 42-6.
O'Bryant 13, Charlestown 12 - Chasing their second win of the year after going 0-11 last fall, host Charlestown fell by one point when a two-conversion pass fell incomplete.
Cohasset 43, Hingham 21 - South Shore bragging rights belong to the host Skippers after a 43-14 win. Thomas Flibott ran for 127 yards on 18 carries to lead the way.
Duxbury 16, Plymouth North 12 - A 16-yard scoring pass from Kane Haffey to Don Webber put the Green Dragons on top and Duxbury held on to beat visiting Plymouth North.
Dennis-Yarmouth 41, Barnstable 38 - Matt Montalto threw for two scores and ran for another as the Dolphins jumped out to a 41-22 lead after three quarters and held on for the win.
Lynn English 31, Winthrop 12 - Tyllor McDonald hit Melvin Taveres with a 44-yard touchdown pass and Taveres scored on a 14-yard run to give English a 17-6 lead after three quarters. Cory Burt added a 29-yard field goal for English. Taveres added a late 40-yard scoring run and McDonald added a scoring pass to Travonne Berry-Rogers.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.