Xaverian 23, Brockton 20 (2OT)
Jules Murphy kicked the game-winner and the No. 1 Xaverian Hawks topped No. 2 Brockton Saturday in Westwood.
Xaverian's Chris Calvanese tossed a 9-yard touchdown pass to receiver Mike Muir for the Hawks to tie the game with 40 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter.
A fumble by Brockton with 1:07 remaining in the game gave Xaverian the chance it needed to tie.
Trevon Offley scored two touchdowns for Brockton in the first half.
Offley scored on 15-yard run with 40 seconds left in the half to give the Boxers the lead. He had tied the game up on 12-yard TD run earlier.
Xaverian's Joe Colton scored on Hawks' first drive of the game on a 2-yard run.
Everett 27, St. John's Prep 7
Dorchester 20, Matignon 0
Kevin Gratts rushed for two touchdowns in the Bears' win.
Duxbury 14, New Bedford 0
Saugus 22, Austin Prep 18
Dighton-Rehoboth 33, Cape Cod Tech 7
Greater New Bedford 25, Fairhaven 8
Northeast 24, Whittier 6
Middleborough 32, Wareham 25
Cathedral 16, Burke 0
Hanover 14, South Shore Voc-Tech 6
Cardinal Spellman 35, Carver 8
St. Sebastian's 12, Nobles 6
Framingham 33, Dedham 14
Governor's Academy 34, Thayer 13
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.