Here's a look around EMass on a rare Thursday night of football:Walpole 20, Wellesley 0 - In a Bay State Conference matchup, the Rebels won, 20-0. Dave Conroy has caught two touchdown passes from Troy Salvatore, the first from 53 yards and the second a 27-yard reception..
Chelmsford 13, Acton-Boxboro 0 - The Lions made it two straight wins over A-B. After Chelmsford went on a 15-play, 95-yard drive that was stopped at the 1-yard line, the Lion defense did what the offense couldn't. Zach Hayes stripped A-B's Eric Apgar and ran it in from a yard out to give the Lions a 7-0 lead at the half. In the third quarter, Chelmsford added to its lead when Anthony Andre hauled in a tipped pass from quarterback A.J. Rotella.
Gloucester 38, Andover 14 - Jordan Shairs has scored three touchdowns and run for more than a 100 yards in just one half as the visiting Fishermen rolled to an easy win.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.