With close to 70 games on the docket, here's a look at some of the top matchups on the fifth Friday of football.
Latin Academy 28, Burke 0 - Remi Follette threw two touchdown passes and the Dragons' defense pitched a shutout.
Mansfield 28, King Philip 0 - Two George Busharis touchdown passes to Jeff Hill gave the Hornets an early lead and Mansfield went on to hand KP its first loss of the year.
Methuen 31, Chelmsford 21 - Methuen's Cal Carroll has two scoring runs and a touchdown pass and the Rangers handed Chelmsford its first loss.
Cohasset 24, East Bridgewater 0 - Jake Kissick had two touchdowns for the Skippers in a dominating performance.
Dennis-Yarmouth 27, Austin Prep 6 - The Dolphins made the long trek to Reading worthwhile, beating Austin Prep to improve to 4-1. Matt Montalto threw three touchdown passes for D-Y.
Gloucester 24, Salem 13 - Jordan Shairs had all three touchdowns for the Fishermen in a Northeastern Conference win.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.