Marshfield volleyball seniors Jackie Keating and Emily Boudreau both went off Wednesday night with 19 kills apiece in a 3-2 come-from-behind win over Plymouth South.
“Jackie was unbelievable all night –– that’s the best I’ve seen her play,” Marshfield coach Al Mirabile said. “Just unbelievable.”
The win puts the Rams (9-3, 8-0 Atlantic Coast League) one win away from locking up a second-straight league title.
Marshfield had to come back after the Panthers won games one and three to force a deciding fifth game. With a 7-5 lead in the game, junior Renae Hatcher came to the service line and ran off eight straight points for the win.
Keating and Boudreau both shined in the final game. On Hatcher’s first serve, Keating ended the volley with a kill, then Boudreau followed with three straight kills of her own. Keating earned point No. 12 with a kill, and Boudreau netted No. 13 with a block.
Senior Allison Robinson also added to the winning effort with 21 digs –– “She played lights out defensively,” Mirabile said.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.