The sun's out and so are the high school football players. Here's a look at some of the top games across EMass.
Everett 43, Barnstable 14 - Jonathan DiBiaso had three early touchdown passes and the Crimson Tide rolled to an easy win at home. DJ Crook had a first quarter touchdown pass for visiting Barnstable.
King Philip 28, Foxboro 0 - After a scoreless first quarter KP scored four touchdowns to break it open at the half.
BB&N 28, St. Sebastian's 6 - Chris Coady scored two touchdowns to lead BB&N to its second win of the year.
St. Mary's 18, Amesbury 7 - The Spartans were held to their lowest point total of the year but still managed a road win. Nick Day had two touchdown runs and St. Mary's improved to 4-0.
Swampscott 43, Revere 42 - The Big Blue came back from a 34-14 halftime deficit to hand Revere its first loss of the year.
Marshfield 14, Dennis-Yarmouth 12 - Host D-Y missed a last minute field goal and Marshfield held on for the win.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.