Plymouth North is at the top of the league standing. The Eagles have big wins over Falmouth and Marshfield. They still have a big game against Dennis-Yarmouth next week.
Dennis-Yarmouth and Marshfield both still can win the league. Dennis-Yarmouth needs to win out and needs Marshfield to lose another game. Marshfield needs to win the rest of its league games and have Plymouth North lose twice.
Cape Ann Large
Four of the five teams in the Cape Ann Large have a chance at the league title and a playoff spot. North Andover is the only undefeated team in league play, but the Scarlet Knights still have to face the three other teams vying for the title: Masconomet, Wilmington and Pentucket.
Pentucket has the next best chance to grab a playoff berth. The Sachems beat Wilmington and still have to play North Andover and Masconomet.
Wilmington and Masconomet both need help as each lost to other contenders.
Dual County Small
Concord-Carlisle and Wayland both are undefeated in league play, but face each other this week. Concord-Carlisle beat Weston already and has a tough Thanksgiving game against Bedford, but is probably the favorites. Wayland still has Weston on the schedule and Bedford.
Bedford and Weston still have chances but need some help as each team has a loss in league play.
Duxbury is on the precipice of a league title and a playoff berth. If Hingham loses to Whitman-Hanson this weekend, Duxbury will win the league. The Green Dragons play Hingham the next week and a win will result in a league title. If Hingham wins both this week and next, there will be a three way tie between Hingham, Silver Lake (assuming it beats North Quincy) and Duxbury.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.