Here’s a look at the updated D3 and 3A Top 10s:
1. Somerset (10-0)*
2. Dighton-Rehobeth (9-1)*
2. Scituate (8-2)*
4. Apponequet (8-2)
5. Seekonk (7-2)
6. Beverly (5-5)*
7. Swampscott (7-3)
8. Martha's Vineyard (6-3)
9. Bishop Feehan (4-6)
10. Bourne (5-5)
*Clinched playoff spot
Not a whole lot of movement here. Somerset, DR, Scituate and Beverly all clinched with relative ease, and there’s nothing left to decide heading into Thanksgiving on the D3 circuit.
1, Rockland (10-0)*
2. Holliston (9-1)
3. Spellman (10-0)*
4. St. Mary's (9-1)
5. Abington (8-2)
6. Medway (8-2)
7. Hamilton-Wenham (7-2)*
8. Lynnfield (8-2)
9. Mashpee (8-2)
10. Westwood (7-3)
A bit more movement here as Medway drops following a loss to Holliston in the TVL title game, and Hamilton-Wenham moves up after knocking off Lynnfield with the Cape Ann Small title on the line last weekend.
Despite winning the TVL playoff title, Holliston still has some –– albeit very little –– work to do before locking down the TVL MIAA postseason berth. The Panthers either need to beat Westwood on Thanksgiving, or can lose and still qualify if they maintain the tiebreaker over Medway –– first-half points allowed in TVL games. Holliston has a 30 point lead in the tiebreaker now, so Medway’s only hopes to somehow steal a playoff spot is for Westwood to demolish Holliston in the first half, and of course the Mustangs would still have to top Millis/Hopedale.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.