It's NEPSAC bowl day, along with the battle for the Commonwealth Small title. Here's the update:
Northeast 36, North Shore 0 - The Northeast defense shut down North Shore's rushing attack, containing Jesse Wilkins, and keeping the Vikings our of the end zone. Defending Super Bowl Champion Northeast returns to the playoffs against the Catholic Central Small champion.
BB&N 35, Rye Country Day 14 - The ISL runner-up had no trouble beating Rye Country Day to win the Jack Etter Bowl.
Salisbury 24, Lawrence Academy 21 - Salisbury came back from a 14-0 defeicit to hand injury-depleted Lawrence Academy its first loss of the year. LA jumped out to a quick lead on a Michael Orloff to Marcus Grant touchdown pass. But Salisbury tied it up at the half. LA was playing in the second half without Orloff and ISL MVP Daniel Giovacchini.
Pingree 36, Rivers 28 - At Gillette Stadium, Nicholas Antenucci recovered a blocked field goal and ran 82 yards for the game-winning score for Pingree.
Martha's Vineyard 33, Nantucket 25 - The Island Bowl went to host Vineyard, which finished the season 7-3.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.