The accolades keep rolling in for the Beverly Panthers.
Beverly coach Dan Bauer was awarded the New England Patriots coach of the Week after his squad came from behind to beat Somerset, 28-20, in the Division 3 Super Bowl.
The New England Patriots Charitable Foundation will donate $1,000 to Beverly's football program in recognition of the award.
The Panthers started the season 0-5, but won 7 of its final 8 games en route to the championship.
“In winning their first ever High School Super Bowl, The Beverly Panthers were the epitome of perseverance, hard work, and resiliency,” said Andre Tippett, the team’s executive director of community affairs, in a press release. “As players, those are crucial traits if you want to recover from failure and setbacks in sports competition. For the Panthers to come back the way they did, here at Gillette Stadium to win the Division III Super Bowl, they proved they are capable of doing just that. This is a dream come true for these young men and a real test of their character and something they are going to remember the rest of their lives.”
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.