With unlimited accolades under his belt and choices to ponder, Lincoln-Sudbury senior Cole DeNormandie has committed to play soccer at the University of Cincinnati.
“Cincinnati works for me, whether I wanted to play soccer or not," said DeNormandie, the Globe Division 1 player of the year. "They’re in the upswing and I want to be apart of that.”
The 6-foot forward is a three-time All-New England selection and a two-time All-American, a goal he had when he began his soccer career. His father was also an All-American.
“Not a lot of people get this opportunity," DeNormandie said. "It’s a testament to the coaches I’ve had and the people I’ve worked with."
Although the Eastern Massachusetts All-Star believes the story has been overdone, it was DeNormandie being cut from two academy teams that set his plan in motion to “prove everyone wrong."
"And I did,” he said.
DeNormandie's season ended with Lincoln-Sudbury's Division 1 North quarterfinal loss. He finished with 17 goals and six assists his senior year.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.