Northeast (11-2) scored five unanswered touchdowns in the first half to topple Brighton 38-14 in the Division 4A Super Bowl at Curry College.
Bobby Novello (2 TDs), Donato DiPietrantonio (1 TD), Mike Cross (1 TD) and Brandon Sullivan (1 TD) scored for the Golden Knights. All but one was on a running play. Cross caught the only touchdown pass, 35 yards from DiPietrantonio.
Novello tallied 113 yards over 18 carries and DiPietrantonio recorded 64 yards of combined offense.
Brighton (9-3) shut out Northeast in the second half, but couldn't overcome the deficit.
Dwight Kennedy and Damien Robinson each caught a touchdown pass from Jonathan Marrero in the second half for Brighton. Kennedy's for 10 yards and Robinson's for 19. This was the fourth time in five years that Brighton appeared in a Super Bowl game.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.