Silver Lake high school will be inducting its fourth hall of fame class Jan. 29, 2011, including a number of individuals, its 1974 EMass champion field hockey team and former coach Martha Allen.
Included in the list of inductees are:
Ken Lundgren, track - '66
Terry Galley, field hockey and softball - '79
Eric Corcoran, soccer - '89
Olie DeMacedo, football and basketball - '78
Tim Mitchell, football, ice hockey and baseball - '81
Justin Peters, golf - '95
Shaun Teevens, football and ice hockey - '77
Martha Allen, teacher and field hockey coach
The 1974 EMass championship field hockey team
The ceremony will be at 2 p.m. Saturday Jan. 29, 2011 at Halifax Country Club. Tickets are $30 and can be purchased from John Montosi. Call 781-294-0115 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @ZuriBerry for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Alex Hall | @AlexKHall | Baseball
- Colleen Casey | @ColleenCasey226 | Softball
- Mike Giesta | Boys lacrosse
- Catherine Calsolaro | @catrenee13 | Girls lacrosse
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Boys volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Waiting for Twitter...