Here’s a recap of Tuesday night's highlights:
Junior point guard Brandon Onychefule hit the tying basket in regulation, then scored 8 points in overtime to carry Blue Hills over Southeastern, 61-48.
Sixth-ranked Newton South turned to sophomore guard Kayla Burton, who scored a career-high 34 points and had 7 rebounds and 6 assists in the Lions’ 75-39 victory, their 12th straight.
No. 11 Arlington Catholic’s Dan Graham scored his 18th goal and added an assist and John Busa turned away 28 shots for a 3-1 victory over Bishop Guertin.
Forward Brittani Lanzilli had a hat trick and an assist to lead No. 13 Medford to a 5-0 blanking of Masconomet/Andover. The freshman leads EMass in scoring.
Junior Connor Daly broke a 13-year-old school record for the 500 freestyle in 4:50.32 to keep Reading undefeated at 10-0-1. Sophomore Scott McGinty broke his record in the 100 freestyle in 48.52.
Freshman Kate Eagan wrapped up the 100 fly in 1:02.72 to take first, and freshman Olivia Velvis took home the 100 backstroke in 1:08.18 for Duxbury’s 102-81 victory over Hanover/Rockland.
Freshman Holly Sullivan continued her unbeaten streak in the 300 and sophomore Hannah Steele stayed undefeated in the high jump as Ipswich/Georgetown (10-0) clinched the Cape Ann Large title with its 54-32 win over Pentucket.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.