Last week, the Charlestown Townies took down top-ranked St. John's Prep, slightly shaking up the Top 20.
The Townies move up to No. 4 from the No. 8 spot, but was the win enough to clip the Eagles wings?
Senior guard Pat Connaughton is leading the charge for the Eagles, averaging 21.9 points per game, and a supporting cast led by junior Steve Haladyna, who's averaging 19.5 points per game is bound to give any team trouble.
Juniors Owen Marchetti and Mike Carbone, who's a threat to go off from 3-point land at any time, help give the Eagles a powerful offense.
St. John's Prep wii face a true test right before tournament time when they take on No. 2 Central Catholic Feb. 23.
Andover slid from No.4 to No. 8 after Lawrence handed the Golden Warriors their third loss of the season last week.
With the basketball season turning down the home stretch, things are about to get heavy come tournament time.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @ZuriBerry for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Alex Hall | @AlexKHall | Baseball
- Colleen Casey | @ColleenCasey226 | Softball
- Mike Giesta | Boys lacrosse
- Catherine Calsolaro | @catrenee13 | Girls lacrosse
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Boys volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.