Eastern Massachusetts' top five boys' basketball teams remained unchanged for the third week in a row, but there was some movement among the Top 20 from the likes of Newton North, Weymouth, Acton-Boxboro, and Westford.
With a win on Tuesday, No. 14 Newton North (14-4) closed the gap on conference rival No. 11 Weymouth (15-3), which leads the Carey division of the Bay State conference.
Newtown North moved up four spots, while Weymouth slid four. The two teams won't meet again in the regular season.
No. 7 Acton-Boxboro lost to previously unranked Lincoln-Sudbury, which cracked the Top 20 at No. 18 this week, but defeated No. 9 Westford and only dropped one spot.
Westford slipped one spot with the loss to A-B, and is chasing A-B for the top-spot in the Dual County league.
Marshfield broke into the Top 20 this week at No.17, and Franklin, previously No. 14, fell out of the Top 20 after losing three straight games last week.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.