With the basketball season winding down, we're just four days away from the seeding for the state tournaments. Here's a look at the latest shakeups in the Boston.com Top 20 boys' basketball rankings.
The top three teams remained unchanged, however Charlestown lost to unranked East Boston. The win pushed East Boston onto the list at No. 12, while Charlestown slid one spot to No. 5.
Right behind Charlestown at No. 6 is Cambridge, which fell one spot after losing to Somerville last week. The loss is Cambridge's only blemish (15-1).
These two losses opened the door for Mansfield, which jumped to No. 4 from No. 8, and now New Mission is No. 8.
Lincoln-Sudbury jumped five spots to No. 13 after beating No. 11 Westford, and BC High cracked the Top 20 in the final spot with wins over No. 7 Acton-Boxboro and previously ranked No. 14 Newton North. Newton North fell out of the Top 20 after losing to No. 10 Andover.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.