Halftime: The St. Mary's Spartans lead Coyle & Cassidy at halftime, 22-19 in the MIAA Div. 3 State semifinals at TD Garden. St. Mary's went up 13-10 after a quarter and broke out with a 9-2 run in the game's first 5 minutes. 6-foot, 2-inch senior forwar Tori Faieta has 6 points, 3 rebounds and 2 assists at halftime. Fellow Spartan Cssi Amenta also has 6 points and 3 rebounds, and St. Mary's freshman Brianna Rudolph contributed 4.
The Warriors were anchored by Brenna Gonsalves who scored 32 points this weekend against Archbishop Williams in the Div. 3 South sectional final. At halftime, Gonsalves has 11 of the team's 19 points. Junior guard Missy Perry (4 points, 1 assist, 1 steal), a sharp-shooter from beyond the arc who hit a trey in the last two minutes of Saturday's game to give Coyle its first lead in the second half, is on the bench with two fouls. Starting center Tricia Quinn (2 points, 2 rebounds) missed the final three minutes of the second quarter after fouling Amenta, logging her second as well.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.