Gearing up for section basketball finals and most of the bubbles have been filled in the brackets. Here's a look at the schedule of who, and who might, play in the the North and South section finals on Saturday.
North section at Tsongas Center
10:30 a.m. — New Mission vs. Fenway girls Division 4
12:15 p.m. — Brighton / Burlington winner vs. New Mission boys Division 2
2 p.m. — Stoneham / Ipswich winner vs. St. Mary's (Lynn) girls Division 3
3:45 p.m. — Winthrop vs. St. Mary's (Lynn) boys Division 4
6 p.m. — Reading / Gloucester winner vs. North Andover / Arlington Catholic winner girls Division 2
7:45 p.m. — Newburyport vs. Watertown boys Division 3
South Section at UMass Boston
10 a.m. — Hull vs. Greater New Bedford girls Division 4
12 p.m. — Cathedral vs. Cohasset boys Division 4
2 p.m. — Archbishop Williams vs. Coyle & Cassidy girls Division 3
4 p.m. — Medway vs. Cardinal Spellman boys Division 3
6 p.m. — Hopkinton vs. Scituate girls Division 2
8 p.m. — Hopkinton vs. King Philip boys Division 2
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.