End of the game: Mansfield 48, Newton North 46
- Mansfield outscores Newton North 21-15 in the fourth quarter to take a 48-46 win.
- Johnson, who finished with 10, scored with three seconds left to put Mansfield ahead.
- Tevin Falzon led Newton North with 14 points and 17 rebounds
End of the third quarter:
- Not much action in the third, as Newton North clings to a 31-27 lead over Mansfield. Falzon is leading the Tigers with 10 points and 12 rebounds.
End of the second quarter:
- Newton North outscored Mansfield 17-6 in the second quarter to take a 24-19 halftime lead. The Tiger's Tevin Falzon is dominating underneath and keeping Mansfield's Lofton off the glass. Falzon is winning the rebound battle 9-4.
- Newton North is sharing the load on offense; Barry Santana and Falzon have six apiece, while Thorpe and Westman chipped in five each.
End of the first quarter:
- After a slow start, Mansfield cruises to a 13-7 lead on the back of Lofton, who led the way with six points and three rebounds for the Hornets.
We're about to get started with the Division 1 South final as Newton North will take on Mansfied here at the Garden. Check back for quarter updates.
G – Michael Thorpe
G – Luke Westman
G – Avi Adler-Cohen
F – Aaron Falzon
F – Tevin Falzon
G – Michael Lofton
G – Brian Hershman
F – Christopher Johnson
F – Michael Hersham
F – Jeffery Hill
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.