End of the game: St. John's Prep 87, Lawrence 73
- Connaughton scores 11, Haladyna adds four in the fourth quarter as the Prep cruises to a 87-73 win.
- Carbone goes 7-8 from 3-point land and scores 31.
- Alicea finishes with 30 and scores his 1,000th point as Lawrence's Cinderella run comes to an end.
End of the third quarter:
- Carbone scorches the net with four 3-pointers to help the Prep to a 68-56 lead. Carbone leads all scorers with 30 points.
- Prep outscores Lawrence 21-10.
- Alicea scores 1,000th point on a jumper with a minute to go.
End of the second quarter:
- Fans' heads are spinning watching this one. The Prep leads 47-46 at the break and Carbone is leading the way with 15 points for the Eagles, while Connaughton chips in 13.
- Alicea is torching the Eagles for 15 points as well to lead Lawrence, while Hiraldo has eight and six rebounds.
End of the first quarter:
- Lawrence leads 23-17 behind Hiraldo, who has six points and three rebounds.
- Connaughton leads the Prep with six as well.
We're about to get started with the North final here at the Garden for the last game of the night. St. John's Prep looks to end Lawrence's cinderella run through the playoffs and lock up the North title.
G – Kadeem Perez
G – Jaylen Alicea
G – Darwin Pereyra
F – Francis Spraus
C – Jesse Hiraldo
St. John's (22-1)
G – Pat Connaughton
G – Mike Carbone
G – Owen Marchetti
F – Steve Haladyna
F – Fred Shove
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.