Final: Andover 54, New Bedford 46 — Andover's Nicole Boudreau proves again why she's the Gatorade player of the year. Boudreau dropped 28 points, grabbed 11 boards, picked up six steals and added two blocks to fill up the stat sheet while helping her team beat previously undefeated New Bedford.
Devon Caveney chipped in 12 points for Andover.
New Bedford was led by Allexia Barros, who tallied 18 points on the night. Arielle Gomes added 10 points and 15 rebounds for the Whalers.
End of the third quarter: Andover 45, New Bedford 37 — Andover's Nicole Boudreau hit two 3-pointers in the quarter as Andover pushed their lead to as much as 10 points. She now has 22 points on the game.
End of the second quarter: Andover 29, New Bedford 24 — Nicole Boudreau has 12 points as Andover leads New Bedford at half. Allexia Barros and Alyssa Roach have seven points each for New Bedford.
End of the first quarter: Andover 15, New Bedford 11 — Devon Caveney has five points to lead Andover in the first quarter over New Nedford in the Division 1 girls state semifinal. Alyssa Roach has 3 points for New Bedford.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.