The Marauders’ two runs in the bottom of the fourth inning came from sophomore left fielder Katie Nosky and junior second baseman Kelly Quinn, who ran ran for senior catcher Nicole Cersino.
The Mustangs retaliated with two runs coming in the top of the fifth in addition to their opening run in the fourth inning to lead 3-2.
In the bottom of the seventh, with two outs, Tavalone drilled an RBI double to center field to tie the game 3-3. Tavalone finished 3 of 5 at the plate.
Dedham's junior pitcher Brooke Sheehan faced 33 batters, struck out 10 and walked three.
“It was a tight game. It was well played and poorly played,” said Eisenhut. “It's good to expose the team to pressure situations and this is something we well try to improve on as the season continues.”
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.