We're approaching the second half of the baseball season and there's no doubt things are heating up. Here's a look at the latest Globe Top 20 updates.
Lexington remains undefeated at 11-0 and takes over the top spot from St. John's Prep. SJP slides to No. 2, while Plymouth North fills in at No. 3 with a record of 11-1. Rounding out the top five is BC High (7-4) at No. 4 and Catholic Memorial (10-3) at No. 5.
Although CM has one less loss than the Eagles, BC High has the edge in the rankings with a win over CM at the end of April.
The biggest change came from Danvers, which cracked into the Top 20 this week at No. 9 after a 9-1 first half to the season.
Also breaking into the rankings for the first time this season is No. 15 Walpole (9-2), No. 17 Abington (10-1) and No. 20 Taunton (7-4).
Lawrence returns to the Top 20 after a hiatus since the season's initial rankings. The Lancers sit at No. 16 with a 9-3 record.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.