Not much changed in the Globe baseball Top 20 in the last week except for a few shakeups with some Catholic Conference teams beating up on each other.
Of course, Lexington still holds the No.1 spot with a 16-0 record, powered by senior pitcher Will Marcal (6-0) and junior first baseman Chris Shaw (7 HR, 31 RBI).
Catholic Memorial (13-6) dropped from No. 4 to No. 7 after losing two games last week, followed by St. John's Prep (11-5) at No. 8.
Yes, St. John's Prep has a slightly better record. However, CM has taken down the Eagles in two games this season, prompting the higher ranking.
Xaverian (11-6) falls in at No. 9 after losing to CM earlier in the week and Malden Catholic (7-8) moves up from No. 19 to No. 16 after beating CM during the week.
The biggest jump of the week came from No. 6 Everett (12-2), which jumped five spots after dealing St. John's its fifth loss of the season.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.