The top 10 teams of the Globe girls lacrosse Top 20 remain almost exactly the same as last week, with the lone exception being Winchester and Notre Dame (Hingham) switching spots. The Sachems lost their first game of the season at the hands of No. 1 Westwood, and with the Cougars winning three times to remain undefeated the Sachems must slightly drop.
However, the bottom half of the Top 20 was shaken up. Three new teams enter the mix: Franklin, Hopkinton and North Andover. Franklin (11-1) and Hopkinton (10-3) make their return to the Top 20 at Nos. 12 and 13 after making the preseason Top 20.
North Andover debuts in the Top 20 at No. 17. They are 10-1 on the season and have won eight straight games including two this week.
Masconomet held steady at No. 16 while Weston moved up a spot to No. 18 after its win against Acton-Boxborough this week.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.