The top three softball teams remain the same in the Globe Top 20 despite Mansfield’s loss to King Philip (13-0) last week. The Hornets played with the No. 1 team in Eastern Mass. right down to the wire and the one-run loss actually helped to solidify their No. 3 spot.
Chelmsford (14-1) and Reading (14-2) flip-flop because the Rockets have come back to earth lately. Chelmsford is now No. 4, Reading No. 5.
Boston Latin (13-2) keeps on rolling, getting some strong pitching from Emily Berardi (8-2 1.12 ERA) to move up a spot to No. 7.
Burlington moves up to No. 8 after extra-inning wins over Lexington and No. 5 Reading (14-2).
With back-to-back wins over Sandwich, No. 11 Plymouth South has shown us who the true power is in the Atlantic Coast League. \
Is Lynn Classical (13-0) ever going to lose? The Rams are going to continue to move up until it happens. They're now No. 13.
Amesbury (15-0) could very well be the best team no one’s talking about. They're No. 12.
The South Coast League makes an appearance in the Top 20 with Dighton-Rehoboth’s continued solid play. D-R comes in at No. 18.
Despite having its perfect season ruined with a loss to Bellingham, Hopkington (11-1) remains in the Top 20 at No. 20.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.