Former Wellesley High basketball standout and assistant coach Adam Cluff was named as Tarlin's replacement.
Tarlin, who also coached seven seasons as a junior varsity assistant at Needham High, had his best season in 2008, when the Flyers made the semifinals of the Division 1 South sectionals before being ousted by Brockton. Framingham was 16-7 that year.
Cluff, a three-time Bay State league all-star while at Wellesley High, is excited to take on the task as he gets set to started on the first head coaching position of his career. He spent nine seasons as an assistant.
"I've been working toward this for some time, and I know there's a great deal of potential at Framingham," Cluff said. "Framingham has had a few tough seasons of late, but the infastructure is in place to turn things around".
Cluff's outlook on the season is promising.
"I just think any time there's a coaching change there's going to be a lot of optimism," Cluff said. "I'm going to build off that."
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.