Amy Pelletier and Tori Faieta will be teammates the next four seasons at Stonehill College. The former Catholic Central Large rivals gave the folks at Lynn Classical a little preview of their prowess Monday night in the 7th annual Agganis Women's Basketball Classic.
Pelletier, the former Bishop Fenwick graduate, tossed in 18 points and Faieta (St. Mary's of Lynn) added 11 to power the South All-Stars to a 48-45 win over the North squad.
Revers's Morgan Jenkins (12 points), who will play against Pelletier (South MVP) and Faieta for Northeast-10 rival St. Michael's, earned MVP honors for the North.
McMillen, Campbell power South boys
The South All-Stars routed the North 92-76 in the 7th Agganis Menís Basketball Classic Monday night behind 18 points from team MVP Corey McMillen of Lynn English and 17 from Ronsanto Campbell of St. Maryís-Lynn.
Team MVP Alex Morsey of Bishop Fenwick led the North in scoring with 18 points; Adam Philpott of Gloucester and Antonio Reyes of Salem chipped in with 12 points each.
The Agganis All-Star Women's and Men's Soccer Classics will be played at Manning Field in Lynn Tuesday night, at 5:30 and 7:30, respectively.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.