A full weekend of football kicks off with a rainy Friday night. Here's what we're keeping track of.
Belmont Hill 17, BB&N 14 - George McLaughlin kicked a 30-yard field goal with two minutes to play to left Belmont Hill to a stunning comeback win. Willie Peoples and Chris Coady scored second-quarter touchdowns to give BB&N a 14-0 lead at the half.
BC High 35, Chelmsford 14 - At the half, the visitors had a commanding lead and it held up as the Eagles rolled.
Barnstable 28, Sandwich 26 - Quarterback D.J. Crook threw three touchdown passes and Barnstable held off visiting Sandwich. Sandwich jumped out to a 14-7 halftime lead before Barnstable began its comeback.
Weymouth 28, Gloucester 0 - Weymouth returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown and the Wildcats dropped Gloucester to 0-3.
Lowell 21, Lawrence 0 - Lowell handed Lawrence its first loss of the year, thanks in part to Jack Galvin's 60-yard TD reception from R.J. Noel. Noel also ran for two scores in the win.
Beverly 36, Lynn English 35 - The Panthers came back to win when junior quarterback Dave Rollins scored on a 1-yard keeper with 34 seconds left.
Attleboro 27, Foxboro 0 - Host Attleboro took a commanding lead at the half and cruised home for the win.
Cardinal Spellman 12, Bishop Feehan 7 - Joey Glynn's two touchdown receptions had Spellman on top at the half. Neither team scored in a soggy second half as the Cardinals improved to 3-0.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.