The last day of September football is filled with great matchups across EMass. Here are the highlights.
Latin Academy 34, Dorchester 16 - The Dragons took advantage of Dorchester mistakes and made a dramatic goalline stand to post the Boston South win.
Billerica 40, Dracut 14 - Nick LaSpada had two touchdown passes and two interceptions in the first half and the Indians rolled to a surprisingly easy win.
Mansfield 27, King Philip 26 - The Hornets' Blayne Taylor scored on a reverse to give Mansfield an early lead and then in the final minute KP scored but went for two and were stopped.
East Bridgewater 28, Hull 7 - Tim O'Brien's two first-half touchdown runs put the Vikings in the lead and East Bridgewater improved to 4-0.
North Attleboro 7, Franklin 3 - Junior Alex Jette scored the game's only touchdown.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.