Final: Wakefield 20, Lexington 14 -- It was George Peterson's debut game for Lexington, taking over for Bill Tighe who had guided the Minutemen for the last 35 years. Peterson's squad got off to a good start with Nick Murray running in a 2-yard TD as the Minutemen jumped to a 7-0 lead. Wakefield stormed back in the second quarter scoring three touchdowns. QB James Bourque connected with Dan Cardillo twice for scores and Zach Bates ran for a 4-yard TD before the end of the first half. Lexington Connor Murray connected with Samir Pathan for an 11-yard TD pass for Lexington's other score.
Final: Dracut 13, St. John's Prep 7 -- Zach Bassett ran in a 3-yard TD and QB Jimmy Ryan ran for a 16-yard score as Dracut topped St. John's Prep.
For just the scores, visit our scoreboard page for Saturday's games.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.