Millis (5-0) at Westwood (5-0), 7 p.m. -- The best of the Tri-Valley Large and Small dance in this game of unbeatens. Millis has allowed 27 points this season is led on offense by senior Jim Perkins (12 touchdowns). Westwood is led by RB Brandon Rodenbush (five touchdowns) and QB Glenn Parsons.
My pick: Westwood
Dennis-Yarmouth (5-0) at Marshfield (3-2), 7 p.m. -- It's starting to look like Dennis-Yarmouth is going to tear through the Atlantic Coast conference. Led by QB Matt Montalto (16 total touchdowns), the Dolphins are playing at a high level.
My pick: Dennis-Yarmouth
Weymouth (4-1) at Natick (4-1), 7 p.m. -- This Bay State conference clash also has league implications down the road as both teams should be competing for the league title. Weymouth features WR Khary Bailey-Smith (eight touchdowns) while Natick features QB Troy Flutie (10 TD passes, six TD runs).
My pick: Natick
Westford (3-2) at Concord-Carlisle (5-0), 7 p.m. -- Concord-Carlisle's George Craan has 10 touchdowns through five games. He's off to an amazing year. Watch out for Westford's Troy Faretra (five touchdowns).
My pick: Concord-Carlisle
St. John's Prep (1-3) at St. John's of Shrewsbury (4-1), 1 p.m. -- St. John's vs. St. John's. There might be some ill feeling left from last winter's Division 1 basketball championship. Shrewsbury's version of St. John's features QB Connor Kurtz while the Prep features RB Jack Sharrio.
My pick: St. John's of Shrewsbury
Xaverian (4-1) at Everett (5-0), 2 p.m. -- It's so obvious this is the game of the week. Everett, the Globe's No. 1 team, against Xaverian, the Globe's No. 4 team. Expect fireworks with Everett's Jonathan DiBiaso (20 touchdown passes) leading the way and Xaverian's duo of Hunter Taute (six touchdowns) and D.J. Pagliuca (five touchdowns).
My pick: Everett
North Attleboro (5-0) at King Philip (4-1), 2 p.m. -- In the Hockomock, these two teams are both vying for a league title. A King Philip win could make things interesting. North Attleboro is led by Alex Jette (seven touchdowns) and King Philip is led by RB Charles Ruffin (11 touchdowns).
My pick: North Attleboro
Andover (4-1) at Chelmsford (4-1), 6 p.m. -- This is always a good game to watch with two really great programs here. With both teams sitting at 4-1 in the Merrimack Valley (Div. 1), this game could go a long way to determining the league title. Andover is led by QB/RB Andrew Coke (seven touchdowns) and Chelmsford is led by RB Eddie Sheridan (12 touchdowns).
My pick: Chelmsford
Arlington Catholic (4-0) at St. Mary's (5-0), 7 p.m. -- Another good game featuring two unbeaten teams. St. Mary's RB Todd Collier (11 touchdowns) is one of our players to watch. Arlington Catholic's Bernard Lynch (11 touchdowns) is a player to watch in his own right.
My pick: St. Mary's
Greater Lawrence (4-1) at Lynn Tech (5-0), 10:15 p.m. -- Greater Lawrence's Christian Rivera (eight touchdowns) is a dynamic player, by all accounts. Lynn Tech features Kennedy Gomes and Pedro Martinez.
My pick: Greater Lawrence
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.