The rain and thunder of last week are gone, setting up a great night of football. Here goes with the top games tonight.
Final: Needham 31, Walpole 22-- Needham went up 7-0 on a running back pass from Dan Pierce. Walpole's Steve Thulin ran in a touchdown and Needham responded with a 67-yard TD pass to Mark Riley in the second quarter. Needham played without their starting quarterback. Ian Riley had 65 yards rushing at half for Needham.
Final: Lynn English 38, Revere 13 -- P.J. Dorsey ran in a 1-yard TD for Lynn English to get things going for the Bulldogs. Jermaine Kelly ran for 122 yards and threw for 62, including a touchdown..
Final: Holliston 20, Hopkinton 0 -- Max Athy ran for a 4-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter. Holliston's Dan Barone ran in a 1-yard TD in the first quarter and had a 60-yard score in the second quarter to lead the Panthers.
Final: Melrose 35, Watertown 7 -- Watertown is knocked off the bus with Friday's loss.
Final: Madison Park 36, Brighton 14 -- Two of the best in city. The Cardinals (4-1) ran out to an early lead and were never threatened.
Final: King Philip 28, Foxboro 7 -- Foxboro went up 7-0, but King Philip bounced back with three straight touchdowns.
For all the scores from Friday night, visit our scoreboard page.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @ZuriBerry for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Alex Hall | @AlexKHall | Baseball
- Colleen Casey | @ColleenCasey226 | Softball
- Mike Giesta | Boys lacrosse
- Catherine Calsolaro | @catrenee13 | Girls lacrosse
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Boys volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Waiting for Twitter...