It's a breezy 61 degrees and partly cloudy in Eastern Massachusetts. Another good day for high school football.
Today, we'll have updates from a number of top games.
Final: Everett 35, BC High 21-- Everett's Vondell Langston ran in two touchdowns in the first quarter, a 12-yarder and a 3-yarder. BC High's Bartley Regan threw a 73-yard strike to Lincoln Collins in the first. Everett QB Jonathan DiBiaso ran in a 4-yard TD in the second quarter and then a six-yarder not long later. Regan connected with Yosa Nosamiefan for a 71-yard touchdown. BC High's Preston Cooper broke loose for a 58-yard TD in the third. Cooper later suffered a leg injury and had to be taken away by ambulance. DiBiaso hit Jaylen McRae for a 64-yard TD pass to cap Everett's scoring on the day.
Final: Arlington Catholic 28, Austin Prep 0 -- Bernard Lynch returned a punt 83 yards for a touchdown for Arlington Catholic in the first quarter. Pat O'Donnell added a 17-yard TD run to open the third quarter. Lynch finished with 136 yards rushing and added a fourth quarter touchdown.
Final: Bridgewater Raynham 28, Xaverian 22 (2OT) -- Xaverian scored first on a 58-yard pass from Austin DeCarr to Mike Warren, but B-R closed the first half with a 4-yard TD run by Nick Schaltz and a 45-yard interception return by Branden Morin. Xaverian's Chris Calvanese tied the game with a 6-yard TD to push it to overtime.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.