The heart of Boston Latin is in its school pride.
After the Wolfpack's football team started its season on three-game winning streak, students and faculty collaborated to put their own spin on rapper Wiz Khalifa's "Black and Yellow" single, which is a popular Boston Bruins theme song at games and was played prominently during the team's Stanley Cup parade. The students and faculty created "Black and Purple."
The video encompasses Wolfpack pride, specifically in the football program that stands at 4-5, but it does not stop there.
"There's a lot of pride in what kids do extracurricular-wise," athletic director John McDonough. "Everyone is not in athletics or the arts, but they do so many different things. After school here it is like a banquet in terms of what you can select to do."
Boston Latin junior Stanley "Stizz" Debrosse is credited with the lyrics to the theme song "Black and Purple (Wolfpack remix)", which is featured on YouTube. The video was filmed and edited by Mike DeMarias.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.