With less than three weeks left in the regular season, here's a look at the top games tonight.
Latin Academy 21, Brighton 14 -- It came down to the last play, but Latin Academy's defense stopped Brighton 11 yards short of the end zone to take the win. At the half the Dragons hed a commanding 21-0 lead. LA's win puts them at 3-0 in the Boston South Conference.
Stoughton 14, Foxboro 0 - A 21-yard interception return for a touchdown by Alex Kimball has the Black Knights on top at the half.
Barnstable 26, Bridgewater-Raynham 20 -- Barnstable scores in overtime to beat B-R and clinch the OCL title. Barnstable will face Lincoln-Sudbury in the playoffs.
Framingham 22, Needham 21 -- After three-quarters, Needham holds a commanding lead.
BC High 16, Xaverian 6 -- BC High improves to 6-3 overall, 2-0 in the Catholic Conference. Deontae Ramey-Doe ran for 200 yards.
East Bridgewater 25, Abington 22 -- Tim O'Brien scored three touchdowns and the Vikings came back to beat the Green Wave, who were leading at the half, 9-6.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.