After further review, the Massachusetts Vocational football committee selected the wrong team to play in the Small Division Bowl game. Minuteman is out, and replaced by Lynn Tech, which will play Tri-County Thursday at Braintree.
Let Blackstone Valley AD and vocational football chair Michele Denise explain:
"A mistake was made in the calculation of percentages for both Lynn Tech and Minuteman. Lynn Tech had listed an extra loss, and Minuteman had listed without an additional loss. As a result, when these two mistakes were found we tried to quickly and efficiently make the change in matchups. Neither mistake was due to the schools, in fact several sets of eyes had reviewed the records and percentages and it was not found until late [Friday] afternoon -- the mistakes were not made on the schools ends, but rather in the process of gathering results over the course of the season. Both schools handled the situation with grace and we will work hard to assure this doesn’t happen in the future."
Lynn Tech finished the season 7-4, including a 44-8 loss to St. Mary's Wednesday night.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @ZuriBerry for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Alex Hall | @AlexKHall | Baseball
- Colleen Casey | @ColleenCasey226 | Softball
- Mike Giesta | Boys lacrosse
- Catherine Calsolaro | @catrenee13 | Girls lacrosse
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Boys volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Waiting for Twitter...