Pembroke became the first of many to clinch a playoff berth on the final Friday of the football season. Here's a look around EMass.
Pembroke 32, Scituate 23 - Host Pembroke held on to beat Scituate and earn the Patriot Fisher playoff berth. Jon Hooper had 98 yards rushing for Pembroke (9-0).
Weymouth 50, Framingham 0 - The Wildcats won easily thanks to Cam McLevedge's 4 touchdown passes and one scoring run.
North Attleboro 18, Mansfield 15 -- The Red Rocketeers knock off Mansfield. The Mansfield loss puts KP in driver's seat for Hockomock title.
Mashpee 16, East Bridgewater 6 -- A Jared Taylor touchdown run put Mashpee ahead and it stayed that way. Mashpee wins the South Shore League title.
Sharon 21, Foxboro 7 - The Eagles will face Oliver Ames on Thanksgiving for the Gockomock title and playoff berth.
Lynn English 14, North Andover 7 - At the half, English has touchdowns from Jermaine Kelly (28 yard run) and P.J. Dorsey (1 yd run).
Walpole 16, Natick 13 - The Rebels win on a field goal with 6 seconds to play.
Concord-Carlisle 27, Lincoln-Sudbury 0 - George Craan had two touchdowns and the Patriots blanked host L-S.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.