The MIAA has set the times and locations for the Eastern Massachusetts Super Bowls. Four of the nine games will be held at Gillette Stadium. The others will be held at Bentley University, Manning Field in Lynn and at Taunton High School. Here is the schedule of the games:
BC High vs. Needham, 6 p.m. at Gillette Stadium
Everett vs. Lincoln-Sudbury, 7 p.m. at Bentley University
Tewksbury vs. Duxbury, 3:30 p.m. at Gillette Stadium
Wakefield vs. Dennis-Yarmouth, 3 p.m. at Manning Field, Lynn
Concord-Carlisle vs. Oliver Ames, 9 a.m. at Gillette Stadium
Hamilton-Wenham vs. Bourne, noon at Manning Field, Lynn
Cardinal Spellman vs. Mashpee, 8 p.m. at Gillette Stadium
Cathedral vs. Blue Hills, 10 a.m. at Bentley University
Latin Academy vs. Nantucket, noon at Taunton High School
In addition, the schedule and locations were set for Central and Western Massachusetts Super Bowls. This will be the first year in which teams from Central and Western Massachusetts play at Gillette Stadium. Here are the schedules for both:
St. Johnís(Shrewsbury) vs Leominster, 11 a.m. at Gillette Stadium
Holy Name Central Catholic vs. Nashoba Regional, 2 p.m. at Fitchburg State University
Auburn vs. Hudson, 3 p.m. at Worcester State University
Northbridge vs. Southbridge, 12:30 p.m. at Worcester State University
Clinton vs. Leicester, 10 a.m. at Worcester State University
Assabet Valley vs. Bay Path 11 a.m. Fitchburg State University
Longmeadow vs. Springfield Central, 1:30 p.m. at Gillette Stadium
High School of Commerce vs. Putnam, 12:30 p.m. at Westfield State University
Mt. Greylock vs. Lee Middle/High, 10 a.m. at Westfield State University
Pioneer Valley vs. McCann Technical, 3 p.m. at Westfield State University
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.