Peabody's girls soccer team takes on East Longmeadow in the Division 1 girls state soccer championship tonight.
The game will be 7:30 p.m. at Worcester State University.
Peabody has yet to be beaten this season at 21-0-2 and is led by junior Hayley Dowd, who is easily one of the top players in the state and has already committed to play at Boston College. Dowd led all of EMass with 44 points this season. Victoria Digiacomo has been stellar all season as well.
The Tanners knocked off a solid Oliver Ames team in overtime, 2-1, in the EMass finals to get here.
Western Massachusetts champion East Longmeadow is 18-2-1 and has outscored its opponents 12-2 thus far in the postseason.
The Spartans last played in the state finals in 2003.
Sarah Waltsak leads the Spartans with 12 goals and six assists this season. Alyssa Balboni has been solid all season, tallying eight goals and seven assists.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.