LAWRENCE -- In a packed home bout, Central Catholic's girls basketball team looked to snap Andoverís undefeated streak going into Thursday nightís game. Instead, they were felled for the second time this season against the Golden Warriors, 53-42.
Andover (7-0) was slow to start, giving up turnovers and missing open layups, but still leading Central Catholic by four points going into the half.
As Andover walked into the locker room, coach Jim Tildsley knew he had to light a fire under his No. 1 ranked Golden Warriors if they wanted to win. Senior captain and Boston College commit Nicole Boudreau was held to only eight points the first two quarters, with Andover up 29-25.
In the second half, Andover looked like a new team, allowing only seven points in the third quarter as Central Catholic (3-2) struggled to beat the Golden Warriors' press.
Central Catholic's Casey McLaughlin scored 16 points to lead her team while Boudreau led Andover with 23 points, including five 3-pointers in the second half.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.